To apply for a School Bus Pass through the School Transport Assistance Scheme visit the STAS website.
Students who do not qualify for STAS or subsidised travel can still travel on our buses but must pay their fare by using either a Child go card (if under 15 years) or Student go card (15 years and over). A list of available options for purchasing a go card is available on the TransLink website.
Safe travel for all
All students have the right to a safe and enjoyable journey to and from school and Transdev is committed to ensuring the Code of Conduct for school students travelling on buses is upheld. Queensland Transport and Main Roads reserves the right to withdraw a travel pass if an investigation shows the student to be ineligible.
Conditions of Travel
- Students must provide the driver with their pass at the start of every trip. If the student fails to do so, a single fare will be charged. It is the parents/guardians responsibility to ensure that the student is appropriately equipped to travel to and from school
- Bus passes are personal and is for use by the student named on the pass only
- Payment with a 'Part Pass' must be via cash to the driver. TransLink go cards are not linked to the Bus Pass and are not accepted as a form of payment for 'Part Pass'
- The Bus Pass is only valid for travel on school days between the student's home and the school named on the pass
- Bus passes must be shown on request to the driver or any inspector
- A damaged pass may not be valid for travel. If the student’s details cannot be read a replacement pass is to be sought by contacting Transdev Queensland
- Following notification to the parent/guardian, any issued pass must be surrendered to the school principal or Transdev Queensland and subsidised travel ceases immediately.
Conditions of Issue
- The regulations pertaining to any child's eligibility for complete or partially subsidised travel are determined by the Queensland Government Department of Transport and Main Roads
- The bus pass remains the property of Transdev Queensland
- The initial bus pass is issued without cost. Replacement passes (lost, stolen or damaged) required throughout the applicable year will incur a fee.
Eligibility and Application Forms
An application form must be completed by a parent/guardian if the student:
- has not previously been issued a Transdev school bus pass
- is changing school, including transitioning to high school
- has changed residential address and Transdev has not been previously advised
- has changed their name
- has been advised that a previous application is no longer valid
Bus Travel Assistance (BTA) application form applies to new applicants who meet the distance eligibility criteria:
- High school applicant resides 4.8km or more from the nearest state high school
- Primary school applicant resides 3.2km or more from the nearest state primary school.
Click here for BTA Application Form
Bus Travel Assistance Safety-Net (Safety Net) applies to new applicants who do not meet the distance criteria above and meet the additional requirements below:
- High school applicant resides less than 4.8km from nearest state high school
- Primary school applicant resides less than 3.2km from nearest state primary school
- Student applicant/s must be listed on a pension or health care card
- Pension or health care card holder must supply a copy of the card upon application.
Click here for safety net application form
Bus Pass Replacement form
Current bus pass holders who have lost or damaged their bus passes are required to complete a Bus Pass Replacement form, with a cost of $14.65, to receive a new pass. Download the form here.